Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Top ten things to do with out electricty

10. Drive around in a parking garage honking your car horn on each level (some teenagers)
9. Handwrite all your papers for graduate school by hand. :)
8. Clean up after the storm
7. Sit out side and enjoy cool weather (beleive it or not this did happen in Houston)
6. Play cards by flash light
5. Update your blog using your parents Generator
4. Stroll the streets of town taking pictures of all the damage
3. See how fast you can get in and out of your freezer without letting to much cold air out.
2. Catch up on all your scrapbooking you haven't done in years
1. Turn a light switch on in each room you come to thinking (wishing) the power is on. Then laugh at yourself because you know the power is out.

We helped clean our neighbors yard up since they are 1st responders. We found a baby squirrel that didn't make it through the storm. So Sad!

Sunday we hooked the generator up to the microwave and popped popcorn and played card games. It was fun. Then watched Music and The Spoken Word on the satelite. We are really roughing it down here. Actually I must say I give thanks everyday that it was not worse and pray for those that lost everything. We may be without power, but a cool front has come through and we can sleep with our windows open and enjoy a cool breeze at night.
I may not agree with all of the political sides that Houston Mayer Bill White takes, but he has done an amazing job of leading the city through this disaster and how prepared he is.

7 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. I'm so glad that you are doing good down there and you've survived it all. Houston - cool? Where's the punchline?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to blog surf in between waiting on another load of laundry and calling restoration companies. Seriously, I don't know why my insurance agent even bothered to give me #s to restoration companies... none of them are taking any new business from Houston right now.

    Can't wait to see those pictures we took the other day (hint, hint!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to have just a fence between us again, but am thankful we didn't have to hunker down during the storm. Don't let any other students bite you! My, talk about giving your all, thats our Jen. Sorry that happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's no joke the weather is cool. We've kept the windows open all day and night. Occasionally when our neighbor decides to refuel his industrial size generator I have to close the windows because of the gas smell ,but other then that those windows have been open all week. Hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laugh when I see that you and Alona are still blogging without electricity!! Hilarious. Talk about priorities! Glad to know you are all okay. We've been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything gets back to normal if that is possible.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just asking Jason what you all were doing without electricity for so long. Thanks for answering my burning question. I am so grateful everyone made out okay though!

    ReplyDelete