Saturday, September 13, 2008

Aftermath

Well this is the aftermath of what happened in our area. It was a long night with lots of wind and no air conditioning, but we survived. Here is my parents house. They lost the fence in the back yard and tree branches in the front, the chimney leaked, but other then that we are good. Now we have the generator on so we can get on the internet and watch the news. Our sattelite still works through the generator.

Don't worry Unlce Art the gate to your house is still there, for free access.


This is a new bank that just opened. They lost all of the tiles from the roof.
The 24 hours fitness sign I can't believe is still standing. I'm sure it will come down soon just out of safety concerns.
I thought this was a cool tree. It is amazing what can happen when you have winds come from several different directions.
Mulligans on 1960 lost most of their roof. It is a favorite sports bar among teachers. Not any more.

As were were driving around the Atascocita north we saw a trampoline lying in the middle of the street. It had to of been flipped over someones fence because all of the fences around it were still standing. The legs to the trampoline were further down the street.

This is laying across Upper lake heading west.

A tree and fence across the street from Maplebrook Elementary

This is at the Bishops house of the Humble ward. We stopped by so my dad could report on all the families he was in charge of. Sister Thorn came to the door singing "Master the Tempest is Raging" That made us laugh real hard.

Tree across Timber Forest

Another house on Upper Lake Dr. near our house. I'll show more pictures of galveston once we get electricty restored at our house.


5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I keep calling my mom and saying "Aren't you glad you don't live there?" Glad you made it okay and enjoy the time off work/school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing...somehow I'm glad, today, that we moved back to Oklahoma. Too sad! Hugs, Aunt Gene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have a generator. Sorry we missed all the action. I have to admit that I do like how green everything looks after it rains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad we have a generator too. I'm hoping we don't have school either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear that you all are Ok. Yeah for generators!

    ReplyDelete