Monday, September 22, 2008

BISHOP CALL

Yesterday was a big day in Humble Texas. First of the church still doesn't have power so we had church by flashlight. Everyone was told to bring their own light source. The children had fun shinning the flashlights on the chapel ceiling. I wish I could have taken a picture of it all. I held the flashlight so that Stacy Mouton could see the piano music she was playing. I think we should have sang the hymn "The Lord is my Light" or something. It was a little hot, but not to bad.
The other big news in the Humble Ward is that Bishop Thorne was released and my dad was made Bishop. I hope that the fact he was sustained in the dark does not mean he will be Bishop through "dark- times." He is a great man and will be a good Bishop. I'm proud to say he is my dad. Plus because he is my dad he already has lots of patience. The Thorns are moving to Alpine Utah after living here for 25 years. Humble will really miss them!
I was looking for a picture of just my dad, but I don't have one. I'll have to fix that soon. So here are a few favorits of mine. It is nice to live so close to home an be able to stop by any time. I spent a lot of time after the hurricane over at my parents house.

Love You DAD!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Both my parents said that is about time. He is going to be an excellent bishop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're excited for the "reign of the Call."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad will be a great Bishop, even if it is during "dark times." Amongst my family we've been "prophesying" he'd be called for the last month. I guess somebody up there heard us? ;-)
    You know, I don't think I have any pictures of just my dad either come to think of it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since when did you become such a sap??? :) Don't you know that no one in this family ever says the LOVE word, let alone publicly. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! He'll make a fabulous bishop...as long as he doesn't turn anyone upsidedown and try to tickle them!

    ReplyDelete