Sunday, August 31, 2008

J. Harold Family Reunion

This summer after our immediate family reunion we went up the street to my dad's family reunion. We started off at Heber Park for lunch and a big family photo. Then we headed up to Heber Valley Camp and did a challenge course. They had a swing that you harnassed into and then someone would pull you up in the air and then you let go of the rope and swung back. IT was fun. Even my 84 year old grandma did it. Ok with a little pressure from all of us. My nephew tanner (3years old) went all the way up in the tree. Brave boy! There wawas also a few other trust games that you had to do. ONe you had to fit 8 people on a tiny wood circle and get everyone acroos safely. If your feet touch the ground you were then blind folded. It was funny to watch. My cousin was getting married a few weeks after the reunion and brought his fiance up. What a way to be welcomed into the family.
Friday night we watched a slide show of old pictures and listend to them tell stories. On Saturday morning we hicked down to the lake and played in the sand. It was a beautiful day. I hadn't seen most of my cousin on that side for a while. Many have had several kids since I saw them so forgive me if there are not a lot of labels on the pictures. However we now have a really good photographer in the family n he got some great shots of people. I'm a fan of his work.
One thing that was really funny to me was My cousin matt who is about to get married introduced me to his fiance. Who happens to be the sister of the Elder Quoroms President in our ward. It's a small world. WE called him up on the phone and had a little fun confusing him on who he was talking too.

No comments:

Post a Comment