Saturday, August 30, 2008

Go Bearkats!!!!

Well the time has come to go back to school to get a Masters of Arts in Low incident Disabilities and Autism at Sam Houston State University. At the end of the course I will be able to take the test to become a BCBA. This will allow me to do work in private therapy and not only in the school districts. I'm not to thrilled about writing a thesis although I've heard they are not as scary as they sound. But I've heard some pretty tough stories.
Don't worry I'm still working full time in the Severe Communication Disorder class at school. I have my work cut out for me this year, but am excited that they all relate to each other.
Although the school is closer then Texas A&M, and has the autsim classes I want, I must say I'm still not in love with the color orange. As if the school colors should determine whether or not I like to school or not.I do kind of like the logo.
Don't worry I'm still an Aggie fan and hope to make it to at least one football game this season.
What town has a huge statue like this? Actually this is on the side of Highway 45 as you head into Huntsville. You got to love Texas. Just in case you are wondering who it is. It's the Famous Sam Houston, who helped win Texas Independence. If you want to know more look it up I can't remember. :)
Despite it all I am excited to be learning more about autism. I am not much of reader....ok so I hate reading, so it will have its challenges, but non-the-less, I have enjoyed the first few classes. My first class was on the same day that the students came back to school. It was a long day, but I learned a few tricks at school that helped me at work. So no complaining.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for Grad school even if the colors are not your favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember passing that statue on some of our temple trips. Congrats on grad school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you don't like the color orange. But consider this: at least when you go to grad school at night, the students there don't bite you like the elementary kids do during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I go from physical abuse to mental abuse. Just kidding. I love going to class. The professors are really good and I've met some really interesting people who give me great ideas for my students. What could be better? No homework???

    ReplyDelete