Sunday, September 27, 2009

I got my trash kicked by a four year old!

Well I might need to start wearing one of these to work. Friday while working with a student on the floor I got head butted in the mouth. Unfortunately for me we were sitting right in front of the white board. It was not prevoked and I'm not really sure what brought it on. All I know is that the student got me really good. My head flew back and hit the whiteboard right in the center of head. I have a good busted lip that swelled up pretty quick and I had the wind knocked out of me for a few minutes.
I didn't actually pass out, but it took me a few minutes to realize what had happened and to see clearly. My vision got very blurry for a few moments. I'm surprised she didn't knock a tooth out. After gaining composure, as much as possible anyways, I walked down to the nurses office. I was pretty dizzy still and my head was killing. She had a coupld of kids in there so I just asked if I could have an ice pack. I was standing right in front of the fridge, but I couldn't think of where in the nurse's office and ice pack would be. NOT GOOD! I took some excedrin too and went back to class. After an hour I still felt dizzy,weak and extremely nauses so I went back to the nurse who wouldn't let me leave her office until mom came and picked me up. Boy am I glad she lives close. We went to the doctor who left me alone in the room for about 45 min. Made me laugh... hey she has a head injury lets leave her alone. DUH. Anyways he said I had a concussion and gave me some muscle relaxers to take at night. (Does that sound odd to anyone) no headache medicine just muscle relaxers. I stayed at mom's for a couple of hours and then went and picked up my car. I still have a headache and a little light headed. Guess its back to the doctor tomorrow after work.
Don't worry I won't sit on the floor in front of the white board again.

3 comments:

  1. I thought i'd post something so I would have a comment. I guess this is kind of like talking to yourself. Oh well I have a concussion. At least I have one comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two comments now! You are way too funny when you have a concussion :-) But I suppose I should go to bed in case a certain grad student decides to call at 4:00am tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks Jenn! I hope everything goes okay and you feel better. These little 4 years olds have more power than we think!

    ReplyDelete