Saturday, May 16, 2009

Wedding Cake

Susannah asked me to make her wedding cake. I'm a little nervous because the cake is the biggest I've ever made and I've never made a tiered cake before. I had to do a test run of the cake before the actual day so I would have time to work out some trouble spots and to make sure I could actually make it. I made the middle layer first with the frosting that Susannah really likes. HAHA it looked horrible the frosting isn't the best for putting fondant on. So then I made some for the bottom layer and used buttercream frosting. MUCH BETTER!

She is using real floweres that are green and purple, but we had to see what it looked like with some flowers on it. I like the colors.
I like it even better with the purple ribbon on it. As you can tell I didn't finish decorating the top layer. It's not real cake and i only needed to see what it would look like from one view.

Just a few minor things to fix and it will be a cool cake! I'm way excited. Anyone what to eat some cake? We have plenty.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you are way talented. That is a project I would never attempt. Brittany's cake had mashmellow fondant on it - yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks Great Jen! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very nice. If you still have extra cake, I'd suggest finding a pool and having a party - cake will be the food of choice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed. I can't even make a single layer cake look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog today! The cake looks great, you'll do such a good job on the real cake!

    ReplyDelete