Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Camping Trip

Over the Thanksgiving break a bunch of us went camping at Garner State Park and then Climbed Enchanted Rock.
Friday we hicked up and around Garner State Park. The view was beautiful.
Garon and Katherine. Katherine is the one that set this camping trip up. Love the face Garon!
This is one of my favorite Shots. (I didn't take it though.)
My love for trees continues even afte Hawaii. I didn't hike to the top of the rock, because of my sticking fear of hights. I sat right by this try and enjoyed the beautiful view. I watched a kid com running down from the top and then started skidding on the rocks and only stopped from going over the edge by hitting this tree. This is why I didn't hike to the top. The teenager was pretty embarrassed, but he hopped up and walked away as quickly as possible.
When we were driving back to the camp sight we passed several armadillos on the way. Julie Martin was so excited and chased one down to get a close shot. I wish I would have taken a picture of her all excited.
We had tin foil dinners that night. It was probably was the best tin foil dinner I have ever had. I don't know what made them so good, but they were good.
Julie did a great job of getting our fire started. To Katherine disguse we actually had to go and buy some wood because you can't pick up any wood from a national forest. Katherine was actully hoping we would find some on the way, but we didn't.
Jason Read, Katherine Thom and Anike Arnie did an awesome job of cooking dinner.

What's a camping trip with out smores?

This is Julie's version of a smore! It's now my favorite! Couldn't get it any better than this.

Enchanted Rock!
I can finally say I've been to Enchanted Rock.
This is why I didn't hike to the top of it! Darn fear of hights!

I sat under this cool tree (I know back to cool trees) and waited for everyone to hike back down. It was a beautiful day. Couldn't of asked for a better one.
The crew! Jason Read, Julie Martin, Katherine Thom, Garon Lear, Stacie Mullin, Anike Arnie and Me.
By the end of the trip I conquered a little bit of my fear and started to climb around. Actually as long as I couldn't see how far up I was getting and a fall was always blocked by a big boulder I'm fine. It's when I have a clear shot of how far my fall could actually be, that's when the real fear kicks in.
Anike, Stacie, Katherine and I. They were all great at helping my down from here. All of this was really easy to climb.
The cute couple! Katherine and Garon

After Enchanted Rock we went to the River Walk for dinner. We actually got into a restraurant on a Saturday night without having to wait in line. It was amazing. You can't go to San Antonio without stopping of by the Alamo. REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

1 comment:

  1. Nice camping trip, oh to have break from kids!

    ReplyDelete