Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Snow in Houston TEXAS!!!

Can You believe this? It's so pretty? What do you call all this white stuff?

It all started about 3:15 today with a little bit of rain that turned into snow flurries and ice pellets. I was driving to school in the Woodlands and the closer I got to school the more it snowed. There were cars that it was starting to stick too. By the time I came out from class it was really snowing. Our Professor, who is from Ohio, thought it was hilarious we were all hoping for a snow day tomorrow. She doesn't understand that Texan can't drive in the snow,just rain. Don't worry its suppose to jump back up to 66 tomorrow afternoon.

When I got home from school I went for a walk around the neighborhood. It was a lot of fun to see kids running up and down the street. Our neighbors across the street were having a snowball fight. Everyone was out talking pictures and I just had to join in the fun.

Here's my small Texas snowman. Born and raised Texan. :)


I love snow on trees. As I drove home I kept wanting to stop at all the Christmas tree lots and take pictures of them all. They are so pretty.


Susannah out in the snow. I might add with no coat and slippers on. Can you tell we are excited?

This is our neighbors house. I thought it looked so pretty with the snow.


Our poor garden. Don't think it will survive the snow. Who knows though it survived hurricane Ike.



This didn't turn out so well. The sign has wreaths on both sides of it and actually looked really pretty. Just use your imagination.


This is my roommates Seana's car. This is how much snow we got.

3 comments:

  1. Mo says "Not bad, a small dusting!" I love the snowman. Right now we are having a white out. I can barely see the garage roof out my bedroom window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting snow and not snow storms. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow was so fun! When I came out of church all the kids were running around the parking lot trying to collect snow. I asked them if they wanted to help me out by cleaning the snow off my car windows, so I could see well enough to pull out. They were happy to oblige (and then throw the snow at each other)!

    ReplyDelete