Thursday, June 12, 2008

Garden



This has been a great year for Gardening! My mom and Dad helped us build a garden in Alona's backyard. The three of us split the cost of building it and had a great time! Now I know why we are commanded to plant a garden. You get such satisfaction out of it Here we are planting the
garden.
My dad went down to Lowe's with us and helped pick out the right wood and then helped us carry home all of the dirt in his van. We actually ended up sending him and mom back for more dirt while we went and got the plants. We put newspaper at the bottom of the garden to help protect the garden from weeds. It worked for a good while.

Here are the fruits of our labors- black berries. Actually we have had tons of fun picking them and then sharing between the three of us the first time we pick somethin. You get a very small taste of what it is like.
Strawberries The plants are quite bigger now, but the strawberries are small and don't last very long. I hear that next year they shoul be bigger and taste better. The first few were really sour.
Zuccini- The plant struggled a little and several zuccini died before we actually got to pick one. The plant now is about to go the way of all the earth. For a while it took up almost have the garden.

Tomatoes
We have three plants, the cherry tomatoes have grown the best, but we are getting a few big ones now and they are great in our salads and on Hamburgers. We had a BBQ not to long ago and it was fun to serve vegetables from our garden.


Peas
Like I said we share everything. Susannah and I picked the first pod together while Alona documented and then we each ate one pea.
Look at all those Tomatoes!!!!!

BlackBerries!

Our first Zuccini!!!! Yeah it is fun! Actually I'm sure


Our first zuccini it was pretty big. We pick the last of them today and planted pumpkin in its place. I'm very excited to see if we could have our very own pumpkin to carve at Halloween

Now we have a fun basket of vegetables sitting on our cupboard.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm jealous. I never got around to planting anything this year even though I have all the raised beds already in.

    ReplyDelete