Tuesday, June 24, 2008

BIRTHDAYS

Well I may be getting older, but the birthdays are getting better! Let's see a few years in review.
Turning 27 was not the best birthday ever. In fact you could probably say it was the worst. In our house it still is a story to tell. It was horrible for about a 2 weeks time period. One of the many things that happened during the two weeks surrounding my birthday was that my car window go smashed in. Susannah was very nervous to come and tell me about it. I don't blame her. I also dropped out of graduate school because tuition was more then I could handle at that time. Looking back it is a very funny story, but it was not at the time.

In 2007 things got a lot better. I met a cute boy in the Sam Houston 2nd ward one night at family Home Evening. I was really hyper and thought I had embarressed myself pretty good. Not to bad I guess because he got my number from a mutual friend and asked me out on a date on my birthday. I thought I was going to spend it all alone, but instead got to go to a concert at the Woodlands Pavillon with Kurt. It was a lot of fun. When people got back in town we had a party at our house.

This year for my 29th birthday ( I know that sounds really old) The Bushman's did a great job of celebrating my birthday. I'm going to Hawaii in a week so we decided to celebrate Hawaii style. We had some really good food and lots of people came. I had people from High School, College and Houston come. It was kind of fun to see everyone from different stages of my life.
They did a great job with designing all the food. It looked beautiful and tasted good!

It was great to have so many friends around for the evening. Here is Susana Reyes and I. One of my favorite parts was that my cousin Daciana and her husband Mark came. We grew up together and did everything together when we were in elementary school before my family moved to Houston.Another fun suprise was that Brad came back to Houston. Alona and he were good friends before he moved away to Law School. He's back in Houston for a while and graced us with his presence.
What fun friends! From left to right Carla, Cynthia, Stacie, Katherine


Daciana's husband Mark got free tickets to see Chicago and Doobi Brothers in Concert. They had four tickets and gave me two of them. So I asked Nate to come with me. It was a lot of fun.
Daciana and Mark made friends with one of the staff members and we were able to go up to the stage when there was about an hour left in the concert. It was fun to be that close to the stage and they actually started playing songs I knew. The Doobie Brothers and Chicago played several songs together. One of the lead guitarist and singers of Chicago was trying to give a pick to one of the young boys standing in front of us. There was also a couple standing near who wanted the pick. I was watching them and afraid that they were going to get it. I noticed that it was next to the married couples feet, but they didn't see it so I bent down and picked it up. I gave it to the boy and was watching his face as he was admiring it. Daciana hit me and told me that he was talking to me. When I looked up the guitarist (Jason Scheff) Told me thank you.After the concert was over he came back out on stage and motioned for me to come here. So I walked up to the stage and he handed me a pick and said "Thank you for being good." I really wasn't big on having a pick, becuase I'm not that big of a fan of Chicago, but you know I'll keep the pick now for a good story.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your birthdays have been progressively better!

    ReplyDelete