Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

I didn't do anything big to ring in the new year actually my friends had to make sure I stayed awake. I did however get together with my two best friends. It seems that no matter how long it has been since we've seen each other we pick up right where we left off. We met in College Station when some how I talked Lisa (on the right) in to being my roommate for a year after she graduated from BYU. Lisa and I know live in different parts of Houston and Allison decided she had to be different and moved clear to Virginia. However her family still lives in the Houston area so we get visits every holiday. YEAH!!!
We got together before Christmas just to have dinner and catch up. We talked for 14 hours. I knew girls could talk, but I didn't know we could talk that long and still be laughing our heads off. I'm not one for staying up late. 1opm is now the middle of the night for me, but some how I made it until 3am and didn't even notice the time.

We got together on new years and made predictions for the coming year. Lisa was our scribe. Some predictions are a tad odd like meeting a random stranger on a Tuesday in July. Some are serious (not telling those ones).

Allison took notes on the predictions for Lisa so she couldn't erase the ones she didn't like. ( I think she managed to anyways. : ) ). After predictions we all sat around and told stories. Of course this is the point in which though I was really interested I couldn't stay awake. Very sad. I missed some pretty good laughs. None the less its great to have good friends that no matter how long its been since you talked you still have tons to say.


We had pizza for dinner and Lisa and I went to pick it up. This Exxon station was right next to pizza hut. I had to snap a picture. I never thought I would see gas prices this low again. Yippee.





1 comment:

  1. Jen, Jen-- New Year's was fun! I'm glad you came over (even if you weren't feeling all that great). But you didn't have to post a picture of me... really ;-)

    ReplyDelete